Marta Markoska was born on 29.06.1981 in Skopje, Macedonia.
She holds a Bachelor of General and Comparative Literature from the “Blaze Koneski” Faculty of Philology in Skopje, and a Master of Cultural Studies from the Institute of Macedonian Literature in Skopje.
She is a member of the Writers Association of Macedonia.
Till now she has twelve (12) publications:
- H/ERO/T/IC BOOK (erotic poetry, 2019)
- FIL/L/M/ED STOR/I/ES, Studies and Essays about Movies and Cinematography (2017)
- Black Holes Within Us, Serbian translation “Crne rupe u nama” (2017)
- Black Holes Within Us, 2nd Edition, Macedonian-English translation (“Todor Chalovski” Award, 2015)
- Black Holes Within Us, 1st Edition, Poetry Book (“Beli Mugri” Award, 2014)
- Culture and Memory (Book of Cultural Studies), 2014
- A Discussion on Zen Buddhism: A Religious and Philosophical Transcendence Between Eastern and Western Thought, a Scientific Study (2013);
- Headfirst Toward the Heights, Poetry (2nd Edition)
- Headfirst Toward the Heights, Poetry (1st Edition, Winner of the “Aco Karamanov” Award);
- Hyper Hypotheses, a Collection of Essays (2011);
- Whirlpool in Bethlehem, a Collection of Stories (2010);
- All Tributaries Flow Into My Basin, Poetry (2009).
“Aco Karamanov” (2012) for poetry book “Headfirst Toward The Heights”
“Elektrolit” (2007) for best short story “What happens when you’re reading Frazer”
Her writings were included in many Macedonian and foreign Anthologies, Magazines and Scientific Journals. Markoska is also an anthology maker and author of the preface of book entitled: “Love Sailings’ Reefs” (Anthology of poems dedicated to Eros and Love, 2014)